- Cappadocia Vocational College
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operation
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operation
What is the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operation Program? Why Should I Enroll?
Due to their contributions to various fields, such as precision agriculture, infrastructure inspection and monitoring, natural resources monitoring, environmental compatibility studies, atmospheric research, media and entertainment, sports photography, filming, wildlife protection and research, disaster relief, firefighting, logistics, defense industry, etc., there is a large market for unmanned aerial vehicle systems in our country and around the world. As technology continues to develop, so do Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems. It is envisaged that the growth in the unmanned aerial vehicle systems sector will proceed and in accordance with the technological advances, and the need for graduates of the UAV Technology and Operator Program will exhibit sustainability in carrying out the planned maintenance of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle systems according to the manufacturer's manuals and performing many other related tasks.
This program will suit applicants with an interest in aviation, high-tech systems and robotic applications of the future, and provide them with a broad working area.
What Characteristics Should those Wishing to Join the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operator Program Possess?
- An interest in aviation,
- An interest in high-tech systems,
- A high attention span and sense of responsibility,
- The ability to cope with stressful situations,
- Open to cooperation and teamwork,
- The ability to think analytically.
Why Should I Enroll in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operator Program of Cappadocia University?
Cappadocia University has taken a leading role in activities in our country in the field of UAVs, having developed the UAV registration system of the General Directorate of Civil Aviation within the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Application and Research Center, which was established in 2016. Accredited as an authorized institution by the SHGM (General Directorate of Civil Aviation) in all UAV classes, our university has trained more than 2,000 UAV pilots to date. UAVs with various mission capabilities, along with their subcomponents, are being produced as a result of the R&D activities being carried out in the UAV Systems Application and Research center. Cappadocia University is continuing its research and development activities as a highly recognized and pioneering institution in the field of national and international UAV studies.
Cappadocia University is authorized to provide training and to issue pilot licenses for the following UAV types:
UAV-0: With a maximum take-off weight of 500 g (inclusive)–4 kg (inclusive),
UAV-1: With a maximum take-off weight of 4 kg (inclusive)–25 kg,
UAV-2: With a maximum take-off weight of 25 kg (inclusive)–150 kg,
UAV-3: With a maximum take-off weight of 150 kg (inclusive) or more.
*Click to read why authorized training is important for the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operations department, and in which fields we have the authority to provide training.
In what Fields can Graduates of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operations Program Find Work? What are the Job Opportunities?
Graduates of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operation program can find careers in institutions engaged in the production and development of UAVs in such areas as UAV system design, assembly, component production and R&D. They can be assigned as pilots, ground operators or as maintenance technicians in companies carrying out UAV flight operations. They can work as UAV design, marketing and technical consultants. They can be commissioned as theoretical or practical trainers in institutions that provide training with UAVs. In the private sector, they can be employed in fields such as exploration, observation, search and rescue, photography, fire detection, agriculture, mapping and transportation, or they can work as individuals.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology and Operator Program Graduates are instilled with:
- The necessary component and system knowledge related to UAVs.
- The necessary disassembly, tooling, and assembly information for UAVs.
- The necessary knowledge for the selection of the right parts to be used in UAVs, and of the advantages/disadvantages of different parts.
- The meteorology, location and time zone information required to operate a UAV.
- The ability to produce solutions individually or as part of a team when technical problems are encountered.
- The ability to follow the developments in the UAV and aviation fields.
- The ability to operate an unmanned aerial vehicle.
- The ability to bring an aerodynamic approach to unmanned aerial vehicle design and to determine the required propulsion and power systems.
- The ability to produce and develop original designs for UAVs.
- The necessary theoretical and practical experience to obtain an unmanned aerial vehicle pilot’s license.
- Knowledge of the principles related to aircraft flight dynamics.
- General knowledge on UAVs, and information on their structures and systems.
- Knowledge of the place and importance of the human factor in aviation.