- Cappadocia Vocational College
- Operating Room Services
Operating Room Services
What is Operating Room Services Program? Why Should I Study?
Operating Room Services Program trains auxiliary surgical health personnel who are needed in the operating room, surgical intensive care center and sterilization units; they ensure the preparation and use of all surgical materials used in the operating room, they are directly involved in all surgical teams and they can assist surgery. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded an associate degree diploma and the title of “Operating Room Technician”.
What are the characteristics that those who want to study in Operating Room Services Program should have?
- To have high level of attention and responsibility,
- To be patient and meticulous,
- To demonstrate the ability to cope with stressful and emotional situations,
- To prioritize patient safety and satisfaction,
- To be inclined to cooperation and teamwork,
- To have effective communication skills,
- To be compatible with flexible working hours,
- To have analytical thinking ability.
Why should I study Operating Room Services Program at Cappadocia University?
Cappadocia Vocational School Operating Room Services Program provides hands-on training. The trainings are given in the practice classes, as well as intensive care units and operating rooms of contracted health institutions of the region. Students who achieved professional qualifications enter into business life as preferred personnel.
What do the Graduates of Operating Room Services Program Do? What are the Job Opportunities?
Operating room technicians are the healthcare personnel who carry out the tasks and procedures to ensure that the medical equipment and materials used in operations are ready for surgery, provide materials to the surgical team and adapt the operating room setting according to the requirements of the operation and support the operation.
Graduates are employed in the public and private sector hospitals.