- Cappadocia Vocational College
What is Anesthesia Program? Why Should I Study?
The program aims to train the auxiliary technical staff needed for anesthesia applications. During the two-year education, students get theoretical and practical knowledge about the applications in anesthesia, intensive care and pain units; acquire technical information about devices used in anesthesia and intensive care units and gain experience in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Anesthesia technicians are the people who execute the medical methods required to put the patient into sleep in accordance with the doctor's instructions.
What are the characteristics that those who want to study in Anesthesia Program should have?
- Not being allergic to chemical odors,
- To have high level of attention and responsibility,
- To be patient and meticulous,
- To have an approach that prioritizes human life,
- To demonstrate the ability to cope with stressful and emotional situations,
- To prioritize patient safety and satisfaction,
- To be inclined to cooperation and teamwork,
- To have effective communication skills,
- To have analytical thinking ability.
Why should I study Anesthesia Program at Cappadocia University?
Cappadocia Vocational School Anesthesia Program provides all learning opportunities to its students with its equipped laboratories, cooperation with hospitals, expert education staff and educational content. Cappadocia University should be preferred to be an anesthesia technician trained under the best conditions, who can follow the requirements of the profession and developing health technologies, who has the necessary background and intellectual equipment, who is ethical and respectful to the profession.
- Have basic level theoretical and practical knowledge supported by textbooks, application tools and other resources containing up-to-date information in the field of anesthesia.
- Define the significance of ethical principles and ethical committees for the individual and society.
- Interpret and evaluate the data by using the basic knowledge and skills acquired in the field of anesthesia, identify and analyze problems and take place/take responsibility in the planned works.
- Carry out a task independently by using its basic knowledge in the field of anesthesia.
- Act in accordance with social, scientific, cultural and ethical values at various stages related to the field of anesthesia, such as data collection, interpretation, implementation and communication of the results.
- As individuals, they act in accordance with the laws, regulations, legislation and professional ethics rules related to their duties, rights and responsibilities.
What do the Graduates of Anesthesia Program Do? What are the Job Opportunities?
Turkey experienced a 26% increase in the total number of hospitals in the last decade; with this increase, anesthesia technicians, who undertake great responsibilities in the operating room, have become the sought-after personnel both in the public and private sectors.
Graduates of Anesthesia Program can work in operating rooms, emergency rooms, reanimation services and pain rooms of public, university and private hospitals, operating rooms and emergency departments of private medical centers, and IVF centers. They can be employed in recovery room, intensive care unit, respiratory therapy unit, medical centers and any healthcare institution with a surgical intervention permit.